Welcome to Brown on the Towne, the illegitimate, bastard brain child of two friends who enjoy their eats and surroundings. We are Homer and Jordan. Our mission is to document our experience of ethnic eateries in the Omaha area. We do not claim to be politically, mathematically or chemically correct.

Leave us a comment or email us at brownonthetowne@gmail.com

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Secret Asian Man! San Diego Taco!

Hey all!

So Homer has been out of town and I have been scouting out places for Brown on the Towne to hit up. Thanks to some good pals, I visited San Diego Taco last Friday.

Since Homer was out of town, an authentic Brown on the Towne blog post was impossible, but I wanted to write a quick blurb about the the experience. I figure both Homer and I can contribute these type of short posts on our restaurant reconnaissance. These short entries can help us cover more places, increase the frequency of posting, and above all give you guys more options for your own culinary adventures.

I will refer to my individual adventures as a sort of spin off of Brown on the Towne called...

Secret Asian Man!

Ha.

San Diego Taco is located just east of 108th Street on Mockingbird. The room is comfy. In addition, the place has a hole-in-the-wall vibe. The food is damn tasty.

The food is authentic, southern California style Mexican food.

Prices are affordable. Ten bucks per person provides you with a tasty dinner.

Thanks go out to Niz and Peter for letting me tag along.


The verdict:

I like this place a lot. Expect to see a full Brown on the Towne episode devoted to San Diego Taco. Check it out pals. Call ahead before you go to make sure they are open (402-339-1410). Homer and I wanted to check them out previously, but they were closed. Is that a hassle?? No. Their limited open hours just adds to the allure of their damn tasty food.

That's all for now. Keep checking back. And, of course, we want to hear from you! Leave us a comment or send restaurant suggestions to brownonthetowne@gmail.com. Remember, if we choose your suggestion Homer and I will make you dinner!



Later gators,
J

1 comment:

Peter Cales, Artist & Designer said...

I'll look forward to your full coverage of San Diego Taco. Coincidentally, my friend Jean was also there just a bit earlier than us and wouldn't stop raving about the green sauce.